Monday, May 2, 2011

TA..for the day..what is it about this method...

Now, I posted this same post on FB, so why post it here?  This is the space I want to provide for any questions anyone has, this is a platform where I can really answer in depth knowing that it is going to get to the person without getting lost in the feed ;).  I will be writing very soon about the three pillars of reaching a goal..any goal..it was created for weightloss but you can use it for any goal you want to achieve..woop..and it begins!!


Hmmm...now I have written about the physical and dietary aspects of my TA journey.  Now I would love to address the mental and emotional part!

This is what worked for me.

Sometime at the end of March 2010 I started to look for a new workout that would really challenge me, I felt the need to really SWEAT..now..I am am person who has to move..not just move but FEEL and sweat in my body..so I went on the search for something other than the aerobics and pilates I had been doing since the birth of my first child..the end of march 2010 my baby turned one so it was a natural progression to look for something new and more powerful for me..I do not even remember how I found TA but I am so thankful that I did.  So right after I recieved the pds series and dc2 I left for Gambia in Africa for 3 weeks with my family...a financial poor country..rich in its people and culture.  I learned about how very rich I am..deeply..truely.  When we got back I watched all the videos..did them for a week..thought holy freakin cow..this is crazy wonderful HARD stuff..and promptly ordered everything I could get my greedy little hands on, downloaded and scored the internets for every scrape of information.  I had told my husband..bikini time is over..and I was perfectly ok with that..it was not a self pity thing at all..just accepting my life phase..hehe..little did I know.  So at that moment I decided the only way to find out if I truely trusted TA was to commit to doing exactly what she said for ONE year.  At the end of the year I would decide if it was the right thing for me and reassess what I wanted to do with my body, with my movement.  I committed one hundred percent to that YEAR..not to results or expectations but to a year of LEARNING everything I could about the method and ultimately my body, my boundries, my strength, my own empowerment, and who I really am.  You see, I believe that movement is the key to many of our inner processes, if we do not move on a regular basis how can we listen to what our bodies have to say?

In order to understand the why of doing this method, I encourage you to ask yourself, what is it that I truely want from doing this workout, beyond physical beauty?  Go as deep and as honestly as you can into this question...find the REAL reason you are doing this.  Is it about looking great, feeling great, being healthy, strong, vibrant, flexible, is it about learning discipline, having love for yourself, being inspired and inspiring others?  WHAT is it that is going to drive you to commit to the workout on the level that is right for you?  There is an answer within you that will get you going!  For some it will be pig headed discipline for others simply doing it each day for any period of time, what is it for you?  The next question is, what is holding you back?  What is it that is keeping you from really going for it with all the passion in your heart?  What is it that stands between you and what you really want in the method?  Knowing what this is will allow you the freedom to make more choices about how you are going to succeed.

I leave this post with a post from last week that I wrote, to remind you of the journey!!

Can I just say that this method is a process, a journey and that no matter how long you have been doing it your body continues to shift and change shape as long as you are doing this method..we have the wiggly jiggly phases..we have the holy bajesus where did the cellulite on my arms come from..we have the cellulite body suit phase..t...he sharpe puppy phases...and the tight and hot phases in between..I am here to tell you that these phases come even when you are really fit with TAM, they just change form and shock factor. Ever time I hear myself say..god god WHAT is THAT, I quickly change it to WAHHHOOOOOOOOEEE..look at me gettin ready for another metamorphosis, another body tuck, another hot body moment. Stick with it, love yourself where you are at and know that you are kick as just for doing this method!!

from my heart to yours...

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog. I read one of your posts on TAM facebook the other day and actually wished there was one place I could read all of your posts! Also, the posture correction video you posted the other day has changed my life! It's an amazing tweak! Thanks so much for sharing and can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jane!! Oh..I am soo happy the video helped you! It made such a huge difference in my cardio life I could not help but share it!!

    ReplyDelete