Tuesday, May 10, 2011

this is a long one..TA stuff and alittle something extra..

OK...can I just say I had a fantastic weekend with my girl Christan and that we did some serious sweating together to TA!!  The dancing and the workout were awesome..but not as amazing as being together with such a REAL RAW BEAUTIFUL woman who loves TAM too!

So I realize that there are alot of people having problems with shoulder and neck pain and this has EVERYTHING to do with alignment and placement of the shoulders in all the movements..yes..I think I feel another video comin on...yes..yes I do.

I am always thinking about why have I been so successful with this method..why have others been successful..I want to KNOW what it is!!  So one of the absolute BIGGEST reasons is form..form..form..which means alignment..alignment..alignment...and..rythm..yep. So, what do I mean?  You have to be postitioned EXACTLY like Tracy..in every molecule of your body..period.  You have to imitate every movement in all its complexity, you have to reach for perfection of movement with each workout.  Alright, lets take a 10 day ms(muscular structure) sequence.  The first three days you may feel like a complete and utter uncoordinted mess, this is the phase where your brain and body are getting to know exacty what it is you are asking of you, think of this phase as the beginning stages of learning to ride a bike.  the next three days are the days where you start connecting with your body more, you start to feel the movements all over and have a better sense of where your body and all its parts are in space, you start to actually feel the cross vectors and you are starting to believe, hey I AM doing this..I got this.  The last three days are when you have more or less commited the movements to muscle memory and it is now your job to go deeper into the movements and require perfection from your form and really FEEL the movements, each and every one for every second of the workout.  This is the point to really push yourself and reach deep to get those results you really want...THIS is where results are made.

Now..learning all of her moves to perfection takes time, patience, and perseverance.  Learning proper alignment requires you to study the videos at least once BEFORE doing them, requires you do them in front of the mirror at least ONCE before really doing the workout, if you do not have a mirror, see the videos I posted and really FEEL where you are at in space.  It requires paying attention to every tiny detail of where her body and then YOUR body is at.  It requires staying with HER rythm even when you want to go faster or slower or give up all together...side note..it is better to go slower than her rather than faster..if you have to make a choice ;).  Doing this..going through the 'trouble' of learning the movements properly..will save you time and aggrevation in the long run, plus it will bring you results at what seems like lightening speed. Oh..AND it will prevent injuries..the absolute most important reason for doing this!!

BIG SIDE NOTE:  Having said all of this...well..even if you don't do it with perfect form..even if your not in alignment..even if you are not reaching really deep..if you do it..if you show up and do this workout...you WILL get results...PERIOD.  That is the genius of it..the pure magicalness of TAM.  It will just take you longer and a bit more patience and understanding for yourself..but you will get there...as long as you DO IT!

sometime this week...I will make a shoulder video...yes I will!


Now..just alittle something about feminine support.  We women have the power to heal, to uplift, and to support all life.  When we are happy for others(men or woman) and their successes it helps us to be successful and fullfilled.  Jealousy over anothers success only eats away at what our own true potential is.  I CHOOSE every day to support other women on their journeys through this glorious life, through the greatest accomplishments of their lives and I am blessed every day to hold women experiencing a low point..to nourish them back to themselves, to simply share in our mutual uniquenesses.  AND most of all I am blessed..unbelievalby blessed by the women that have entered my life, by the women that both share my values and do not, by the women who both nourish me and stretch me to expand beyond what I ever thought possible.

I will get to the glorious men soon..right now...on MY journey..i am learning to connect with all that is feminine..so it is only natural that I would be pulled to share it with you!

from my heart to yours...
 

2 comments: